Romar International Limited of Newmill, Newburgh, Ellon, Aberdeenshire AB41 6AP (registered number SC209811) ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy and any other documents referred to on it sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting our website, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Romar International Limited of Newmill, Newburgh, Ellon, Aberdeenshire AB41 6AP. Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Duncan Scott, Finance Director.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.romarinternational.co.uk (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you use our site, search for a product or service and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products and services you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call us.
Information we receive from other sources. We work with third parties (including, for example, agents, sub-contractors, search information providers and credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
· to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
· to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
· to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you.
· to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
· to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
· to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
· to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
· as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
· to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
· to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, associated companies, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
· Agents, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you.
· Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
· Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score or rating where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
· In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
· If Romar International Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at Romar International Limited of Newmill, Newburgh, Ellon, Aberdeenshire AB41 6AP or by email to Duncan.Scott@romarinternational.co.uk
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 plus VAT to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website.
Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them as below:
First Party (romarinternational.com) Cookies
Cookie Name: exp_csrf_token, exp_expiration, ex_last_activity, ex_last_visit, exp_perpage, exp_sessionid, exp_wrtBqRx4, exp_tracker.
These cookies are used by our content management system to monitor the previous pages you visited in order to tailor each page to better suit you, and to monitor which geographic location you wish to view.
Cookie Name: _utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmz, _cfduid, _ga
These cookies are used to collect information about how people use our site in an anonymous form. This helps us see how the website is used. They are also used to provide Google Plus "+1" functionality.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after one month.
DATA PROTECTION - FOR RECRUITMENT
In order to manage your application, we need to process certain personal information about you. This personal information is provided through your CV and Cover Letter. We only process your information as necessary for the purposes of progressing your application or as required by law or regulatory requirements. During the process we also capture some sensitive personal data about you (e.g. disability information). We do this in order to make reasonable adjustments to enable our candidates to apply for jobs with us, to be able to take online/telephone assessments, to attend interviews/assessment centers, to prepare for starting at the Company (if successful) and to ensure that we comply with regulatory obligations placed on us with regard to our hiring.
Your personal information may be shared internally with the following people:
- Employees who would have managerial responsibility for you or are acting on their behalf;
- Employees in HR who have responsibility for certain HR processes (for example recruitment, assessment, pre-employment screening);
- Employees in IT and system owners who manage user access;
You have the right to access any personal information that the Company processes about you and you also have the right to request erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing in accordance with data protection laws depending on the basis of processing.
We will only keep unsuccessful applicant’s personal information for a period of 6 months from the date the recruitment campaign closes. Requests for deletion prior to this time may not be granted in order to protect the Company’s legal position in the event of any legal proceedings.